Saturday, June 15, 2013

In Awe

It amazes me, God's love for us.

We do everything wrong, and somehow the Creator of the universe still values us, and says we are worth it. Even if we have gone through our entire life rebelling against him, all it takes is for us to repent, and God wipes our slate clean. And even worse--if we have claimed to follow God, but continue to fall into things we know are wrong, He still forgives us.

That amazes me.

I, unfortunately, have fallen under the last category for a sizable portion of my adolescent life. And yet God still forgives me every time I ask him to. He never fails to give me hope, courage, and new life when I've hit rock bottom.

I am in awe.

That reminds me of some lyrics from the amazing poet and rapper, Propaganda.

But worth, value, and beauty is not determined by some innate quality
But by the length for which the owner would go to possess them
And broken and ugly things just like us are stamped "Excellent"
With ink tapped in wells of divine veins
A system of redemption that could only be described as perfect
A seal of approval, fatal debt removal
Promised, prominent, perfect priest
Brilliant designed system, redemption for our kinsmen
Can only be described as perfect with excellent execution
And I'm in awe, the only One truly excellent
The only source of excellence
We are declared excellent only by His decree with His system
The only accurate response is awe
I absolutely love this song, "Lofty", and it's message. We do not deserve God's love, or His son's redemption, or the Holy Spirit's peace. But the God who breathes stars from his mouth gives it to us anyway.   All we have to do is ask.

I am in absolute awe and amazement at the realization that God loves me despite of my flaws, despite of my weakness, despite of my rebellion, and despite of my foolishness. He sees worth in me, and has a plan for my life far greater than anything I could ever hope to dream up on my own.

I don't deserve it. Yet he gives me it anyway. We don't deserve it, but He lavishes His love on us despite it all. And so I pray we take this chance, this one millionth, or one billionth chance we have, and do great things  with it. I pray we let God guide our lives, and allow Him to take us somewhere we could never get to on our own. And I pray that we would just surrender... that we would put aside all that the world has to offer... that I would put aside all this world has to offer, surrender everything I am... and follow Him.

I am determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment